WELCOME TO NORDIC
Welcome to the Northwest Dentists Insurance Company (NORDIC). We are the trusted provider of insurance solutions to dentists throughout Washington and Idaho.
NORDIC is dedicated to protecting dentists and their practices. Founded in 1989, NORDIC has a proud heritage of providing dentist-focused insurance products, risk management solutions, personalized service and expert claims handling. We offer a comprehensive suite of coverage options, including professional liability, businessowners and workers’ compensation.
In 2017, NORDIC joined The Dentists Insurance Company family. NORDIC and TDIC share a legacy of protecting only dentists and are working together to secure the future of dentist-focused insurance in Washington. Founded by a small group of California Dental Association members in 1980, TDIC has grown to protect more than 19,000 dentists with a stellar rating, solid reputation and sound financial resources to handle claims.
As of 2018, A.M. Best affirmed TDIC’s A rating, upgraded NORDIC’s Financial Strength rating to B++ (Good) from B (Fair) and increased NORDIC’s credit rating outlook to Stable.
NORDIC is endorsed by the Washington State Dental Association, the Idaho State Dental Association, Seattle King County Dental Society and the Washington Academy of General Dentistry. The Washington Dentists’ Insurance Agency (WDIA), a wholly-owned subsidiary of WSDA, promotes our products in Washington, and the Idaho Dentists Insurance Agency, owned by ISDA, represents NORDIC in Idaho.
Support for Policyholders
Know that your policy and coverage remain the same now that NORDIC is part of the TDIC family. And you’ll continue to enjoy exceptional service from the same Northwest-based staff. If you have questions about NORDIC or your coverage, please call a helpful representative at (800) 662-4075.
Company News and Updates
Learn more about NORDIC’s parent company, TDIC, at tdicinsurance.com.
Our Volunteer Board
We recognize the importance of the involvement of your peers. With director boards led by dentists and public members with remarkable insurance and business acumen, you can be sure we have our policyholders’ interests at heart.
- Daniel Davidson, DMD — TDIC director and finance committee chair, past president of SFDS and CDA
- Richard Ferguson, DDS – periodontist practicing in Idaho for more than 30 years and past president of ISDA
- Bernard Larson, DDS – pediatric dentist practicing in Washington for more than 30 years and past president of WSDA
- Princy Rekhi, DDS – WDIA past president and owner of private practice offices in Washington
- Kevin Stockton — executive property and casualty insurance professional for 36 years
- Steven Kend, DDS (chair) — TDIC/TDIC IS chair and WLADS peer review committee member
- Peter DuBois (president/vice chair) — CDA executive director
- Dennis De Tomasi, DDS (secretary/treasurer) — TDIC/TDIC IS director & chair, past BSDDS president
- Mark Taira, DDS – TDIC director and claims and risk management committee chair